Manager, Executive and Internal Communications
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Brand & Communications
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
The Internal & Executive Communications Manager is a seasoned communications professional with experience establishing strategic executive engagement plans to motivate employees and drive business goals internally. Daily responsibilities will focus on building and executing these engagement plans, as well as drafting speeches, presentations, and other written materials for internal audiences. This individual will also work with peers across the segment and company to ensure coordination and integration when applicable.You will also collaborate with internal leads as needed across various functions of the organization and geographies.
In this role, you will provide advice for leadership that reflects a deep understanding of their business priorities and leadership style, coordinate content and speakers for strategic internal events and help drive forward InStride’s culture and business strategy by inspiring and aligning the team around the company’s mission, values, and objectives.
We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously while producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at InStride and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally.
- Build, scale, and lead the internal communications team at InStride
- Develop a company-wide communications strategy to help engage employees in InStride’s mission, vision, and values.
- Work closely with Communications team to ensure consistency in voice and message internally
- Support HR initiatives that influence and guide employee experience and feedback
- Utilize data from feedback surveys and systems to optimize internal communications
- Develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Produce communications for InStride executives, including emails, slides, videos, and talking points.
- Develop clear and transparent messaging on complex, nuanced issues as well as creative strategies for communicating to employees across different functions.
- Provide advice to executives that reflects a deep understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Coordinate content and speakers for internal events of various sizes and audiences.
- 8+ years of experience in a global internal communications leadership role
- 4+ years of experience supporting C-suite level communications, building effective relationships and influencing leaders.
- Track record of overseeing and developing successful internal communications programs
- Ability to be persuasive, collaborative, and manage people as well as work independently
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience in project management and coordinating content for events.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines.
- Excellent attention to detail and creative and visual skills, including slide design.