Manager, Sales Operations
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
InStride is looking for an experienced Manager, Sales Operations who wants to jump in head-first and help establish the sales strategy, pricing, and business development infrastructure InStride will use to reach our vision and mission.
This position will report to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Development and execution of strategies and process development to drive superior business development performance, sales productivity, and product pricing structures.
- Design, develop and lead implementation of solutions through understanding of business unit strategies and objectives, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges.
- Lead and ongoing support of business development operations activities, which include customer forecast, pipeline and quota setting processes. Engage in timely and consistent handling of month-end processes (e.g. demands, cancels, pushes).
- Serve as lead for InStride’s Salesforce CRM platform implementation, working in collaboration with team members and any third party implementation partner -- accountable for successful implementation (on time and within budget).
- Manage and maintain InStride’s CRM, capturing 360-degree view of member experience by driving full adoption and compliance across the InStride team.
- Create and maintain CRM workflows, forecasting, process guides, key performance indicator metrics reports and dashboards.
- Manage the sales enablement content repository and ensure that all information is easily and readily accessible at point of need.
- Coordinate with Finance to develop CRM workflow and processes for invoicing and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with all user groups across InStride to ensure system integrations, workflow, and process drive business needs successfully.
- 5+ years business experience preferably in multiple sectors; clear examples of successful sales overachievement (sales management experience and training preferred).
- Strong understanding of sales operations (both systems and processes).
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in operations strategy, pricing trends, issues and data analysis to deliver against business objectives.
- Ability to see past the numbers, apply creative concepts to devise solutions, and effectively present these concepts to audiences with varying levels of experience/understanding.
- Exceptional leadership, communication skills and proven ability to drive teamwork.
- Deep experience with Salesforce CRM platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Adept at project management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry.
- Ability to facilitate and enable people to collaborate with each other; and promote collaboration with partners (e.g., Universities, corporate clients and the team).
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality.