Downtown Los Angeles, CA
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
The UX Designer will own our end to end customer experience from how we help learners through the marketplace to how we provide reporting and analytics to employers and university partners alike. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You delight and excel in turning the complicated simple, the archaic comprehensible, and the cumbersome easy.
This position will report to the Director of Product.
- Align with product management to understand use cases, define workflows and storyboards and convert them into concrete screen flows, sitemaps, and wireframes.
- Understand the product domain, product platform, and UI framework to deliver designs.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define new features based on the marketplace and user need/feedback.
- Help identify and build external and internal facing products.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Work with team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Orchestrate user research, synthesize results and insights, and next steps.
- 3+ years of UX and UI design experience designing and shipping web or mobile applications.
- Well-versed in interface design trends, responsive best practices, and standard user-centered design methodologies.
- Be a constant advocate for an intuitive and accessible user experience.
- The ability to effectively communicate design decisions to developers, marketing, and product.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment alongside developers as an integral part of an agile team.
- Have a portfolio of work showcasing thoughtful, innovative design work.
- Experience using Sketch, Figma, or related design tools (Knowledge of advanced prototyping tools such as Flinto, Principle, or Framer a plus!).
- Experience using tools like UserTesting.com to quickly and efficiently capture experience related analytics on new designs, flows and features.
- Familiarity with component-based design systems (ie. Bootstrap, Material) and web accessibility (WCAG 2.0) is also a plus!
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry.
- Ability to facilitate and enable people to collaborate with each other; and promote collaboration with partners e.g. with Universities, corporate clients and the team.
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality.