Associate Product Manager
Downtown Los Angeles, CA /
Learner Success – Product /
InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
At InStride, the Associate Product Manager will play a key role in further defining and developing our platform to create amazing user experiences for our corporate partners and their employees. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who wants to grow and evolve a product that can help change the lives of our users.
- Feature discovery: You want to really understand the challenges that the customer is facing and find ways to iterate on research to get to a feature MVP
- Specs & Stories: You write specifications and user stories to help the tech team understand what problem we are trying to tackle, so they can build it
- Sprints: You love being in the nitty-gritty of a regular cadence of sprints, leading a tech pod to consistently deliver new features sprint after sprint
- Prioritization: You excel at prioritizing and grooming a backlog, making sure that there is cross-functional alignment on what’s prioritized next
- Ownership and accountability: You are accountable for a tech pod and for executing on a plan to consistently deliver value to our users
What You'll Actually Do
- Coordinate and perform requirements gathering between Design, Engineering and additional teams in order to define user stories, acceptance criteria based on the direction for product features
- Lead a team of engineers through backlog grooming, development estimations, sprint planning, and ongoing development to ensure each sprint moves forward at its best velocity
- Support the release of feature launches with cross-functional alignment, user acceptance testing and communication notes to all partners
- Review and prioritize feature/bug requests from internal and external partners
- Analyze business data to identify insights, trends and develop recommendations in order to enable us to make data-driven decisions
- Drive post-launch product optimization opportunities to increase conversion rates
- 2+ years in product management or similar positions
- Track record of success in the full lifecycle of product management from feature discovery through launch
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and experience crafting epics, user stories and organizing in Jira
- Experience in balancing priorities and timelines across multiple partners
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with Engineering, Design, Marketing and Business teams using storytelling, data, visualizations and/or examples
- Possesses the ability to zoom in and out between the “big picture” strategy and the high attention to detail tasks
- Experienced with analytics and performance monitoring tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau and/or Google Data Studio
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling return on investment, but also has a meaningful impact on society
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
If you are looking to apply for one of our Remote opportunities please know that InStride is only able to employ candidates from the following states.
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.