Manager, Media Relations
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Brand & Communications
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
InStride is looking for an organized, hard-working, and self-motivated full-time Manager of Media Relations to join our team in downtown Los Angeles. As a Manager of Media Relations, you will work alongside the SVP, Brand Communications and the rest of the PR team, as well as teams across the organization, developing and executing PR/communication campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing proactive and reactive media relations including but not limited to developing PR plans, creating buzzworthy social media posts, pitching media, executing events, tracking coverage and identifying timely opportunities where InStride should have a presence.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in order to drive a successful PR strategy
- Manage InStride executive participation in industry events
- Coordinate product news / updates externally
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media partners
- Help manage external PR firms as necessary
- 6+ years media relations experience
- An understanding and ability to tell stories
- An ability to work across and build relationships with multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Comfortable managing and leading a team
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude