Director, Business Development
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Corporate Partnerships – Corporate Partnerships / Business Development
As the premier global provider of Strategic Enterprise Education (SEE), InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees to their employees, through leading global academic institutions across the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Australia. InStride helps organizations achieve transformative business and social impact by unlocking the power of education, through advanced technology-enabled experiences for learners and corporate partners alike.
InStride is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development who wants to jump in head-first and establish groundbreaking partnerships with corporations and large employer executives. You will directly contribute to the growth of InStride by bringing career boosting educational credentials to employees.
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing, and relationship-driven business development expert with 4+ years of experience selling to executive level decision makers. The ideal candidate has a history of exceeding sales quota, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. They should demonstrate a passion for what they are selling, an ability to foster long-term relationships, and experience in navigating complex organizations.
This position will report to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Master our InStride offerings and the competitive landscape.
- Comfortably sell to VP & C-Suite executives, navigating through multiple decision makers in large complex organizations.
- Carry a significant quota; meet or exceed activity goals or revenue targets by strategically closing new business.
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales funnel, and forecast accurately and transparently.
- Build and maintain pipeline to reflect appropriate quota coverage, with detailed notes in Salesforce.
- Consistently exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota and be well-compensated for doing so.
- Sell our solutions with a consultative approach in a high-energy environment.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and always be a team player, while still maintaining a drive to individually compete and be at the top of the leaderboard.
- Quickly define white space with prospects to identify and hone in on the highest yield path to partnership.
- Maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, & social selling.
- Skillfully deliver web based and in-person presentations.
- Maintain professional and proactive communication with management regarding activities, customer needs, and other business opportunities.
- Travel as necessary (up to 50%).
- At least 4+ years of business development experience; excellent sales motion and closing skills and strong customer focus.
- Strong track record of achievement, preferably selling educational or to corporations at the C-Suite level.
- Proven closer with experience navigating 100K+ ACV deals.
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems to track deal pipeline.
- Driven by desire for excellence in your craft, constantly striving to improve.
- Proactive, self-starter with good work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Socially aware, deeply empathetic and quickly able to establish rapport in a variety of settings.
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry.
- Ability to facilitate and enable people to collaborate with each other; and promote collaboration with partners e.g. with Universities, corporate clients and the team.
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality.
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.