Customer Success Manager
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
InStride is the global learning services enterprise for employers to provide career-boosting and life-changing educational degrees and credentials to their employees, through the highest- quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager is responsible for managing the success and growth of an assigned portfolio of customers. The responsibilities of this individual include developing account strategy, managing implementation, delivering annual customer retention objectives, qualifying upsell opportunities and enhancing overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide the front-line relationship with our customers on an ongoing basis; serve as the primary day-to-day contact for partners and internal program stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop specific short and long-term account plans that both meet the needs of partners and optimize revenue and retention opportunities.
- Renew customer contracts to protect existing revenue streams and qualify opportunities for revenue growth.
- Participate in high-level prospective sponsor meetings.
- Understand our customer's job responsibilities, business and industry to best position us to support their business goals.
- Identify potential issues and risks early in an implementation cycle and develop backup strategies and contingency plans for resolution.
- Delight the customer by consistently exceeding expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of related Account Management or Customer Success experience.
- Embody strong account management skills; comfortable and seasoned in managing external partners and providing exceptional customer support.
- Have managed a portfolio of clients and driven growth within those accounts.
- Able to work with all levels of individuals all the way up to C-level suite.
- Have demonstrated experience working with high profile customers.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Love checklists and demonstrate strong organization skills to manage multiple ongoing implementations and accounts.
- Detail-oriented individual who also has the ability to think and plan strategically.
- A self-motivated problem solver with a strong work ethic and high energy level.
- Willing to travel as needed (up to 30%).
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry.
- Ability to facilitate and enable people to collaborate with each other; and promote collaboration with partners e.g. with Universities, corporate clients and the team.
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality.