Mobile Software Developer in Test
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Instructure is committed to developer experience, testability, and stability for its Mobile Apps; and we’re looking for a Mobile Software Developer in Test to join our mobile engineering team! This position focuses on test automation, test design, architecture, infrastructure, tooling to ensure engineering productivity during the software development life cycle.
What you will be doing:
- Implement UI test automation of native mobile applications
- Advocate quality in the team, mentor team members to quality culture and technologies
- Guide the team defining how to test a feature, define acceptance criteria
- Manually test new changes as necessary
- By any means necessary, make sure the product is high quality from functional and non-functional perspective as well
- Debugging test failures locally and on CI
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- 3+ years of development or test automation experience
- Programming experience with one or more of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Technical degree
- Experience in mentoring others and influencing team
- Experience with Espresso and/or XCUITest is a plus
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.