Software Engineer in Test/QA Automation (Certica)
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are hiring world class software engineers in test to solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes C#, Selenium, and unit- and performance-testing tools, we are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn.
If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
What you will do:
- Implement foundational testing tools to improve the quality of our products and the velocity of our engineering teams
- Coach and educate software engineers on best testing practice
- Provide specialized help to product teams needing performance testing, help with testing tools, or that have advanced testing needs
- Help us catch bugs before our customers do and stay within our low bug counts
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience in development or test automation
- Experience with cloud-hosted, high-traffic applications
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (with interest in learning more)
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, architecture, and devops — our engineers design, build, and deploy their own code
- Strong communication skills
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.