Sr Mobile Software Engineer in Test (Remote)
Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
Instructure takes testing seriously and we are looking for a Sr Mobile Software Engineer in Test who enjoys working on complex problems to help improve our mobile development environment. You will work in tandem with our mobile product development team to automate the testing of code changes. We are looking for strong mobile software engineering candidates who have a background in programming combined with a passion for software quality and test automation.
This position is available for remote!
What you will be doing:
- Writing automated tests for multiple Android and iOS applications
- Leverage and extending API clients to seed test data
- Maintaining, improving, and building automation tools and frameworks
- Manually testing new changes as necessary
- By any means necessary, making sure the products are high quality and do what they’re meant to do
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- 5+ years of development or test automation experience; experience with iOS and/or Android strongly preferred
- Experience with the following frameworks/tools preferred: Espresso, EarlGrey, React Native, Buddybuild, Bitrise
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, IS, IT, etc) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club memberships and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Food, lots of food
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.