Regional Director of Partnerships
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
As a Regional Director of Partnerships, you will develop and implement a sales strategy within the states of CA, NV & AZ to demonstrate and sell LearnPlatform (now part of Instructure!), the leading education technology effectiveness and rapid-cycle evaluation system, and related services to assigned K-12 school districts, state, regional and education service agencies . This exciting position on a high-growth, fast-moving team offers a base salary plus commission and bonuses for quality sales performance. The Regional Director of Partnerships reports to the Regional Vice President of Sales, West and should reside in the territory.
LearnPlatform (now part of Instructure) is the edtech effectiveness system that equips K-12 districts to organize, streamline and analyze their education technology to ensure it is safe, equitable and cost-effective. We simplify processes for edtech vetting, approvals, procurement, implementation and evaluation and make it easy to communicate edtech information and access to teachers, students and families, all in a single platform. The software-as-a-service and research-based solution is used by districts to organize their education technology, streamline standard processes (such as purchasing, contract management, and piloting), and rapidly analyze their classroom technology to learn what’s working, for which students, in what context, and at what cost.
What you will do:
- Educating prospects, clients and the market regarding the LearnPlatform solution and value proposition
- Generating new business revenue and acquiring new clients in California, Arizona, and Nevada
- Effectively cold calling, emailing, and social media prospecting to build rapport and uncover/qualify sales opportunities in the territory
- Conducting virtual and face-to-face meetings, delivering presentations to prospective clients and attending conferences throughout the territory to share the LearnPlatform value proposition
- Identifying needs, explaining product capabilities, overcoming objections, demonstrating technology solutions and closing sales
- Meeting and exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Leveraging Salesforce.com to maintain and offer visibility to a growing pipeline, sales activity, forecasting and other KPI’s
- Regularly communicating with RVP of Sales to provide account, territory and sales performance updates
- Up to 50% travel required
Here is what you need to have:
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and credibility with executive leaders and decision makers
- Solid, in the moment judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to educate, capture attention and influence prospects and clients (advisor vs pleaser)
- Possesses executive rapport, and has a competent, thoughtful and authentic presence
- Detail oriented and able to successfully manage and prioritize time and resources
- Sound, needs analysis, business justification, presentation and closing skills
- Understanding of the education technology industry and the customer buying process
- Proficient with technology (MS Office, Google apps for business, CRM systems, etc.)
- Takes initiative, adapts to change and works well in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Relentless excitement and a sense of humor!
- 5+ years successfully working in an outside K-12 education technology sales role including prospecting, managing opportunities and closing sales
- Administrator contacts in K-12 School Districts and Educational Service Agencies from working with Superintendents, CTO’s, CIO’s, CAO’s, CFO’s, Assistant Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology, etc.
- Experience creating value and activating/driving demand in emerging and established markets
- A history of achieving or exceeding sales targets in multiple sales roles
- Experience with different sales methodologies (Challenger, SPIN, Miller Heiman, etc.)
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
- iMacs or MacBooks
Final salary is subject to location and experience. Salary Range: $70k - 110k. Note, this will be a base plus variable role
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger..
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.