Mobile Automation Architect (Remote)
Instructure is committed to developer experience, testability, and stability for its Mobile Apps; and we’re looking for a developer to join our mobile engineering team!
Our Canvas mobile applications enable 20 million Students, Teachers, and Parents to make learning better and easier. You will work as part of our combined Android and iOS teams to improve app architecture, enable testability, produce incredible builds, improve developer experience, and ultimately produce the best educational apps in the world. Up for the challenge?
What you will be doing:
- Building, maintaining, and improving automation tools and frameworks
- Developing and beautifying app builds
- Interacting directly with our partners at Google, Bitrise and other companies to jointly develop new tools
- Leveraging and extending API clients to seed and mock test data
- Architecting improvements to Android and iOS application architectures, especially for testability
- Improving the highest-rated Learning Management apps in the world...and doing all of this in open source on GitHub
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- 5+ years of development experience, including 2+ years mobile application, tools, or architecture development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with one or more of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Drive to push mobile automation technology forward for the industry
Here's some nice to haves:
- Experience with the following frameworks/tools preferred: Espresso, EarlGrey, Bitrise
- Awesome GitHub portfolio
- Enthusiasm for open source software
- Passion for making learning better for everyone
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure, we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.