Software Engineering Team Lead (C# .Net)
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, we build education products with the belief that education is the key to growing and succeeding throughout life. By creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, we unlock the power of education to transform lives for the better. But to succeed in that mission, we need smart, creative, and passionate people interested in opportunities to create awesome. That is where you come in:
We are hiring a Software Engineering Team Lead who is passionate about technology and education. As that team lead, you will build a new team and bring new features into our Videri and DataConnect products. Together Videri and DataConnect are a student data analytics platform that empowers schools and teachers to better understand and serve their students.
Our team leads combine the technical expertise of a software engineer with the management expertise needed to build the happiness and productivity of a cross-functional team. You will be a people, process, and technical leader for the team. Your team will be made up of software engineers and software engineers in test working in concert with a product manager and a designer. Together, you and the team will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and production operations of your services. Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of 6 software engineers, and coordinate with SREs and Testers to build and deploy the best product possible.
- Be a talented mentor and leader — help your team achieve their career goals through one on one meetings, periodic reviews, and training.
- Ship great high-quality software on-time and on-budget.
- Use your strong technical skills to make technical decisions, provide technical feedback to your team through code reviews, and write code alongside your teammates.
- Work independently and take initiative while working across different time zones and locations.
- Collaborate effectively with product and program management, and UI/UX to translate user and business needs into superior experiences.
- Work in .NET Core with C# and Angular, learning new technologies as needed.
- Help with planning and operating high-availability and scalable solutions on AWS and Azure
What we look for:
- Hands-on, deep technical expertise, preferably in .NET stack
- Exceptional people management with team and culture building experience
- Good command of English and solid communication skills
- Understanding of modern software development methodologies and state-of-art technologies
- Experience with working within an agile environment
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.