Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer (Platform Team)
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Our Platform Services team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal container platform. We work with technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, and Istio to turn a complex global, multi-cluster environment into a simple and reliable platform.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Educating & empowering software engineers to think operationally when designing services and to operate what they build.
- Developing software to automate the manual work required to keep a SaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of the Internet and frequent deploys.
- Developing and maintaining methodologies of iteratively deploying Instructure’s cloud-based architecture.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night.
- This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands on experience developing software with AWS.
What we look for:
- Experience managing a 24/7 SaaS with amazing uptime.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Programming experience in at least one modern programming language (for example, Ruby, Node, or Go.
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet).
- CI/CD exposure - Jenkins, Git/Gerrit, etc.
- Open, team-oriented, and with a broad range of skills and interests.
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp cert. preferred, but not required.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.