Senior Java Software Engineer (Impact)
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create something awesome. And that's where you come in.
We are building the education platform of the future. As part of this platform, we are providing analytics for schools and institutions about educational tool usage, and ways to improve the adoption rate even for certain features with unique communication channels and support automation. On top of these we are building a service with which the institutions can manage all of their educational tools including support and purchase. This product area is called Impact.
What you will be doing:
- Re-imagining an existing analytics product based on a modern tech stack and architecture
- Build up the service in AWS on top of JVM (Java, or Kotlin)
- Take ownership of the components created, by using Instructure’s CI/CD and monitoring tooling
- Working with an awesome multi-national team that has a strong presence in the Budapest office
Here is what you will need to know/have - the more is better:
- 6+ years of software development experience in JVM stack
- Confidence in SQL – preferably MySQL
- Big Data and Microservice architecture experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience with CI (Jenkins), and cloud environments - preferably AWS
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time off
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- Employee referral bonus program
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.