Senior Front-end Developer (InstUI)
At Instructure, we are building the world’s best ecosystem for teaching and learning. Millions of students and teachers use our products around the world, and we’re always finding ways to innovate and improve their experience.
We are hiring world class software engineers to solve some of education’s hardest data problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes React, TypeScript, AWS, Java.
If this sounds interesting, we should talk.
What we do:
- We build InstUI, a design system that is used by most Instructure products, Canvas included. InstUI stands out from other design systems by having accessibility an important design goal
- We grow great products by investing in the teams that create them: the hallmarks of our engineering culture are constructive code review, hackweeks, internal conferences, a bias to action, thoughtful mentorship, and regular communication
- We love open source! InstUI is released under the MIT license, most work you will do will be in the public
- We keep our projects up-to-date with the latest technologies: latest React and TypeScript, WebComponents
- Mentor and teach other engineers, encouraging best practices and fostering code reuse
- We mostly work from home, but come to the office around 1 day a week
What we look for:
- Good interpersonal skills, someone who can collaborate in a small team and foster the current team culture of openness, responsibility and ownership
- Experience in implementing frontend CI pipelines is a plus
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, architecture, and devops — our engineers design, build, and deploy their own code
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- Employee referral bonus program
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.