Elementary Mathematics Curriculum Specialist
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are seeking a full-time Elementary Mathematics Curriculum Specialist to support the math team in the development of assessment products by creating, reviewing, formatting, and revising math test items and assessments built from these items. Instructure currently provides math benchmark assessments for schools in Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas. This is a great role for an educator who has a passion for supporting teachers, schools, and districts in their quest for improving student outcomes. The ideal candidate will be someone with a background in teaching elementary math that has a strong understanding of the knowledge, skills, and goals for elementary math students. Strong elementary math content knowledge, attention to detail, and the ability to plan and manage multiple projects are important for success in this role.
This is a very exciting full-time position with generous benefits and flexible work arrangements and a great time to join a market leading company that is growing rapidly and expanding its operations.
What you will be doing:
- Work independently and collaboratively with the math team to create, review, format and revise test items based on state elementary math standards and grade-level appropriateness to meet internal and external deadlines;
- Manage elementary math item repository;
- Align elementary math items to state standards for multiple states;
- Design well-rounded assessments to meet customer needs;
- Resolve and respond to customer feedback;
- Participate in creation of curriculum documents such as pacing guides and sample questions.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as an elementary math teacher;
- Strong understanding of elementary math student curriculum expectations and state learning standards (preferred mastery of content through Grade 5);
- Critical thinker and problem solver who appropriately gives and receives constructive feedback;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally;
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Proficiency in working with new software and performing a variety of tasks on the computer;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to maintain a strict code of integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships
- iMac or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.