Dedicated Instructional Designer
Fixed Term Employee
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome products and tools.
Instructure is seeking an innovative instructional designer to create amazing learning experiences in a fast-paced, get-stuff-done environment as part of a collaborative and fully-remote team.
Note: This position will be fixed term but will require full-time availability to a dedicated client for the 16-month contract.
What You’ll Be Doing as an Instructional Designer:
- Create an unparalleled customer experience by consulting and collaborating with institution-based leadership teams to design and build world-class online workforce training.
- Design, create, revise and structure content, activities, and assessments that align with learning objectives.
- Utilize graphic design software (Google Draw, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) to design original visual assets for course development.
- Work with SMEs (subject matter experts) to develop engaging online learning experiences.
- Incorporate best practices for innovative and engaging learning.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with SMEs and stakeholders.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding course design elements, goals, deadlines, and objectives.
- Adapt course development to align with the institution’s evolving goals and deadlines.
- Utilize Articulate Storyline and SCORM to design courses based on Customer SME-provided content (experience using Windows OS is required).
What You Should Bring to the Team as an Instructional Designer:
- Exceptionally demonstrated instructional design experience in both Articulate Storyline and Canvas LMS is a must!
- A strong portfolio demonstrating mad skills in designing and building eLearning experiences, incorporating graphic design assets, within Articulate Rise and Canvas for web and mobile platforms.
- A broad background in creating engaging digital content, applying instructional design best practices, and incorporating learning/edtech theories.
- An understanding of key design concepts such as ADDIE (Analyzing, Designing, Developing, Implementing, and Evaluating), Universal Design for Learning (UDL), in addition to best practices for both accessibility and copyright.
- A specialized skill set in graphic design software (Google Draw, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc).
- Strong written and verbal communication that promotes effective meetings with clients, designers, and the Instructure team.
- Excellent active listening skills when consulting with industry and workforce representatives (outside of the teaching profession) in creating skill-based courses.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting project deadlines.
- An ability to present resources and facilitate conversation in a professional and polished manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult learning, education technology, curriculum & instruction, or other design-related fields.
- A master’s degree or doctoral degree in design-related fields is a plus, but not required.
- Optional: Letter(s) of recommendation
- Required: Resume, Cover Letter, & Work Sample Screencast & Links/Files:
- Resume - Submit your resume clearly detailing your Articulate 360 and Canvas experience, expertise in developing learning experiences, and graphic design knowledge/skills.
- Cover Letter - Include a personalized cover letter detailing how your experience and skills make you the best candidate for this role and share why you’d like to work for Instructure as an Instructional Designer.
- Work Sample Screencast - Additionally, create and submit a 4 to 5 minute screencast where you share your computer display and demonstrate your instructional design work. The screencast should include a tour of a Rise course and at least one Storyline learning object.
- As a part of your application, please be sure to submit:
- a public link to your screencast, a link to your Rise course (published to Review 360),
- your Storyline learning object (as a .story file uploaded into a google drive folder and set to “Anyone on the internet with the link can view”).
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.