Solutions Engineer - Canvas, Higher Education
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced, articulate, and passionate education technologist to become a Solutions Engineer (SE) having the primary objective of helping guide prospective customers in their Canvas Learning Management Platform evaluation process. Someone that will work directly with regional sales representatives to both sell and architect the best possible solution for buyers.
Solutions Engineers are the primary knowledge resource for the sales team and are responsible for actively driving and managing the functional and technical evaluation stages of the sales process. SEs are the key technical advisor and product advocate, thoughtfully considering all alternatives to arrive at best recommendations.
SEs must effectively communicate complex education and technology concepts and practices to a variety of stakeholders. This SE position will partner with our Higher Education Sales Team. The location of this position is flexible, although candidates must be willing to travel up to 60% once Covid-19 concerns are behind us.
What you will be doing:
- Present the Canvas Learning Management Platform as a product (and Instructure as a partner) to a variety of corporate and higher education stakeholders.
- Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the Canvas solution.
- Promote methods of using instructional technology to transform higher education and corporate teaching and learning.
- Develop and deliver tailored product demonstrations that are simple but engaging.
- Lead in-depth, technical discussions with information technology experts.
- Identify or develop solutions to address unique technical or functional requirements.
- Understand and document customer requirements to support a successful evaluation and implementation.
- Assist bid writers with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Applied understanding of teaching, instructional design, and education administration.
- Technical understanding of education technology, SaaS, systems integration (e.g. LTI, APIs), business intelligence technologies, student information systems, etc.
- Articulate and compelling presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing, tailored for the audience.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and collaborative.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must be prepared for extensive travel (around 60%).
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.