Site Reliability Engineer
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, we are building the world’s best ecosystem for teaching and learning. Millions of students and teachers use our products around the world, and we’re always finding ways to innovate and improve their experience.
We are hiring world class SREs to solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes AWS, Terraform, .NET Core, PHP, and Docker, we are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn.
What you will do:
- Write code to simplify DevOps tasks and to allow engineers to deploy and debug their own code in production.
- Use AWS tools to provide superior uptime and reliability.
- Ensure our users’ security by following framework standards and industry best-practices to avoid attacks like XSS and CSRF.
- Debug code and production issues to improve system stability and to provide outstanding uptime
What we look for:
- Experience with cloud-hosted, high-traffic applications.
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving.
- Experience with .net or .net core and an infrastructure optimization tool (e.g. Terraform or Ansible).
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, and architecture — our engineers design, build, and deploy their own code.
- Strong communication skills.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.