DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (Data Access Platform)
R&D – Engineering /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
This time, we are hiring a DevOps/Site Reliability engineer of a Software Engineering team. Product area Data Sync combines multiple integration products into a singular offering that solves unique use cases and simplifies the Instructure product suite. Additionally, it unifies data for easy exchange, verification, and transformation. It leverages many industry-standard data and API specifications to provide interoperability.
Our team is built up of software engineers, who are developing, maintaining, and integrating our ETL product stack. These software are highly available tools for moving data back and forth between Canvas, our main product, and 3rd-party services. Our mission is to reduce overhead and streamline integration with student information systems across the Instructure Learning Platform. Our stack consists of Java, Scala and Python languages. Our infrastructure is on AWS. Our new colleague will help us understand and reconsider the DevOps itself and the related implemented solutions to have better software reliability in the production environment.
What we look for
- Expertise in AWS services, Kubernetes management, and Terraform
- Kafka, EMR, Spark, Kinesis experience
- Proven track record of building and optimising very large data pipelines
- Familiarity with monitoring tools and scripting/automation
- Strong problem-solving skills to ensure system reliability, scalability, and security
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills both in English and Hungarian
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Restricted Stock Unit Program
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program through Motivosity
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.