Full-stack Cloud Service Developer - Catalog
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure we’re building the world's best ecosystem for teaching and learning. An ecosystem of multiple applications that keeps things simple, yet can flex and grow with the changing needs of millions of students, teachers, administrators, parents, advisors, counselors, and institutions.
We’re hiring software engineers, who are passionate about technology and education to join a team of battle-tested professionals in building our portfolio of SaaS solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on highly technical challenges on multiple products and technologies. Our stack spans across Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React running in dockerized services on AWS.
Our values are ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships and we want to work with proactive problem solvers who get things done.
What you’ll do:
- Join the team who owns Canvas Catalog: it is a branded marketplace which allows teachers and institutes to share their learning materials with others.
- Use React, Ruby on Rails, node.js to write key features to improve teaching and learning.
- Learn and use AWS services like EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda, S3, and RDS to provide world-class uptime and performance.
- Use CI/CD (test automation, deployment workflow) to improve quality and deployment.
- Lead initiatives that drastically improve the quality of the system you work with.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
What We Look For (the more is better):
- Experience working on (cloud based) high-traffic production applications
- Experience in multiple languages with interest in learning more
- Demonstrated high level of programming, debugging, product architecture, devops and quality control expertise
- High level of proactivity and a problem-solving attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.