Site Reliability Engineer (Production Engineering Team)
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome products and tools.
By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, equality, relationships, and learning — and using a modern stack that includes AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, Ruby, and Go, we are pushing the boundaries of managing services at scale.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Educating & empowering software engineers to think operationally when designing services and operating what they build.
- Writing code to simplify DevOps tasks and allow engineers to deploy and debug their own code in production.
- A passion for continuous integration and helping application teams deploy high-quality products with increasing frequency.
- Developing software to automate the manual work required to keep a SaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of the Internet and frequent deploys.
- Creating and maintaining methodologies of iteratively deploying Instructure’s cloud-based architecture.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you and the team can sleep through the night.
What we look for:
- A desire for ownership and love for problem-solving.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Git, and Jenkins.
- Programming experience in at least one modern programming language, for example, Ruby, Go, Python, or Node.
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools, for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet.
- Open, team-oriented, with a strong desire to learn.
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time off
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program