Software Engineer (Quizzes)
At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity…
We're hiring a remote Software Engineer, who is passionate about technology and education, to help build new features into our existing products.
Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product, QA, and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec. We put our money where our mouth is. Engineers at Instructure enjoy an annual company-wide tech conference in the Utah mountains, biweekly tech talks, and quarterly Hackweeks, all designed to encourage as much exploration and learning as possible
Most of our work is open source, even our primary product (Canvas). Check us out on Github: www.github.com/instructure.
Who We Are:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
- We are cloud native: that means building fault-tolerant, highly available applications that can scale up to meet load and scale down to watch the bottom line.
What We Look For:
- Breadth of experience across languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, with strong front end skills.
- Experience with React is preferred.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- 3-5 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Crazy passionate about learning new stuff.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
Get in on all the awesome:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.