District Analyst (Inside Sales Representative)
US - Southwest /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
As a District Analyst, you will develop and implement a sales strategy in an assigned territory to successfully sell LearnPlatform (now part of Instructure!), the leading education technology effectiveness and rapid-cycle evaluation system, and related services to assigned K-12 school districts. This exciting position on a high-growth, fast-moving team offers a base salary plus commission and bonuses for quality sales performance. The District Analyst reports to the Regional Vice President of Sales, and will be based remotely in the territory.
What you will do:
- Generating new business and expansion revenue by closing new and expansion sales with prospects and existing clients
- Effectively cold calling, emailing and social media prospecting to build rapport and uncover/qualify sales opportunities in the territory
- Conducting virtual meetings and delivering presentations to prospective and current clients to share the LearnPlatform value proposition
- Identifying needs, explaining product capabilities, overcoming objections, demonstrating technology solutions and closing sales
- Meeting and exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Leveraging Salesforce.com to maintain and offer visibility to a growing pipeline, sales activity, forecasting and other KPI’s
- Regularly communicating with Regional Vice President of Sales to provide account, territory and sales performance updates
Here is what you need to have:
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and credibility with executive leaders and decision makers through virtual communication
- Solid, in the moment judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to educate, capture attention and influence prospects and clients (advisor vs pleaser)
- Possesses executive rapport, and has a competent, thoughtful and authentic presence
- Detail oriented and able to successfully manage and prioritize time and resources
- Sound, needs analysis, business justification, presentation and closing skills
- Understanding of the K-12 education technology industry and the customer buying process preferred
- Proficient with technology (MS Office, Google apps for business, CRM systems, etc.)
- Takes initiative, adapts to change and works well in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Relentless excitement and a sense of humor!
- 1 + years successfully working in an inside technology sales role including prospecting, managing opportunities and closing sales
- Experience creating value and activating/driving demand in emerging and established markets
- A history of achieving or exceeding sales targets in multiple Sales roles
- Experience selling into K-12 districts is a plus
- Experience with different sales methodologies (Challenger, SPIN, Miller Heiman, etc.)
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
- iMacs or MacBooks
Final salary is subject to location and experience. Salary Range: $55-65k. Note, this will be a base plus variable role
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger..
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.