Software Engineer / PHP Developer (ItemLogic)
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome things. And that's where you come in:
This team works on Content Management Solutions (CMS), which are responsible for building, maintaining and distributing hundreds of thousands of curated questions to assess a students level of understanding.
What's it like to work at Instructure? Our product team doesn't throw spec documents over an imaginary wall only to have engineers build something. Our teams are collaborative — we sit together, brainstorm together, and build together because we believe that's the only way to develop superior software. We're committed to innovation — so much so, in fact, that we hold quarterly hack weeks to let individuals and teams build pet projects and aim for the fences with radical new ideas.
What you will do
- Work with and coach other engineers through code reviews, quality reviews, architecture discussions, and technical outlines to build software that is easy to maintain and update
- Debug code and production issues to improve system stability and to provide outstanding uptime
- We are cloud-native. For this job, that means bringing the fault-tolerant and high availability principles that power the cloud to the front-end to deliver lightning-fast, ultra-reliable applications that delight our users
What we look for
- Breadth of experience across languages and frameworks
- Solid background with PHP and front-end technologies (preferably React)
- Familiarity with developing cloud-based web applications, preferably with AWS
- A history of unit and other automated testing to ensure application quality
- Autodidacts who love continual learning and exploration
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred (but definitely not required)
- Strong communication skills
- Speak and write English fluently
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.