VP, EMEA Business
London, England /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for a high performing VP, EMEA Business leader to help Instructure continue and widen the explosive growth that we've achieved in the regional education sector. The VP, EMEA Business will be charged with directly leading our sales go to market execution including growing and leading our multi channel business development strategies. This is a critical senior position leading a successful and experienced team and driving revenue targets. As a seasoned leader you will lead and manage senior and junior sales team members across EMEA. The role will require significant regional travel (50%+) and requires an “execute with excellence and speed” mentality.
What you will be doing:
- Directly lead a regional sales division in multiple countries, channels, and segments.
- Hiring and growing an A team of new and experienced sales talent, leaders and contributors.
- As the senior leader in the region, you will work with the EMEA leadership team to define and execute regional sales and go-to-market strategy.
- Be responsible for the overall success of the region through coordination of all functional areas, ownership of bookings and revenue, as well as driving the culture within EMEA.
- Own and drive high impact initiatives to support both existing and new growth areas.
- Establish strategic and tactical plans required to identify, qualify, and capture new sales opportunities across the EMEA region.
- Drive and nurture client engagement, and take an active role as a regional executive sponsor and industry/market spokesperson for Instructure in EMEA.
- Mentor and develop a skilled and dedicated sales team of generalists, vertical and segment specialists (Enterprise/SMB/Inside Sales/Install Base Sales), as well as developing channel efforts.
- Develop and manage a robust sales pipeline necessary to deliver against budget, quota, and revenue responsibilities. Responsible for the regional forecast and productivity.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of industry trends and technical developments that impact EMEA markets.
- Provide day-to-day sales team growth and development including recruitment, training, motivation, support, and evaluation.
- Lead efforts to improve work processes and build customer partnerships to meet or exceed customer expectations and increase loyalty.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to create focus and drive results.
Here’s what you will need to know/have:
- Deep knowledge and experience of delivering successful business growth in Saas.
- Expert at hiring and coaching sales leaders and individual contributors.
- 7+ years senior experience of successfully leading, building, and managing a multi-country and multi channel (Enterprise, SMB, Inside Sales, Install Base etc) sales division.
- Experienced in working across and going to market in the EMEA region.
- Seasoned sales executive with +10 years’ experience (preferable in high growth Saas).
- A strong track record of structuring and executing complex sales agreements with blue chip clients across industry sectors.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving multi-million dollar budgets and targets.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to execute with excellence and speed within a people focused culture.
- Deep experience and expertise in growing at pace within the Corporate and Enterprise markets and industry verticals.
- Proven ability to effectively sell new products and service offerings to market at speed.
- Strong knowledge of the customers and channels that serve Instructure’s customer base with experience of growing the install base sales channel.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-paced tech environment with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Organised, analytical, and commercially astute with ability to eliminate sales obstacles and blockers through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possess a positive and professional attitude, high energy, and collaborative mindset.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and communicative.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales/marketing, or-related field (MBA or equivalent preferable).
- Knowledge and expertise of navigating the OJEU procurement processes is preferable
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy and healthy: life assurance, business travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your commuter and fitness/welfare and a fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches (yay!!!)
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.