Global Product Manager, APAC
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Launched in 2011, Canvas is the fastest growing Learning Management System (LMS) and is now used by millions of teachers and students around the world. We are looking for a Product Manager based in Sydney to join our International Product Management Team. In this position, you’ll be at the center of EdTech and our mission to improve teaching and learning globally. This position is designed to grow and develop with the increasing presence of Canvas and additional Instructure products inside the APAC region with growth opportunities ahead.
What you will be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert on our product and its use and benefits in all APAC regions and market segments.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis.
- Document requirements across customers, prospects, and internal teams.
- Ensure successful product and feature release and launch communications with cross-functional teams.
- Work with internal teams, customers, and user groups to identify market specific initiatives and understand what’s required to make our products successful.
- Validate use cases for new product initiatives inside of the market.
- Research and participate in go-to-market strategies in the region for product launches in new markets.
- Inform and empower internal stakeholders, influence external decision makers, partners, and thought leaders.
Here’s what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 2 years of experience in product marketing or product management in the software industry.
- B2B Cloud SaaS experience preferred.
- Be a self-starter who can create a vision and organize a plan to execute it.
- Ability to influence and lead.
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces.
- Strong, demonstrated technical problem solving, communication skills, and strong cross-team skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to apply them to deliver clear and compelling message to multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external.
- Awareness of key trends influencing APAC Higher Education and K12 markets.
- Proactive and collaborative.
- A passion for users and exceptional user experiences.
- About 10% travel
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy and healthy: life assurance, business travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your commuter and fitness/welfare and a fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches (yay!!!)
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.