L1 Technical Support Agent (Budapest)
Budapest, Hungary /
Customer Support /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
The Instructure Technical Support group is responsible for providing technical assistance to the end-users of Canvas, our cutting-edge LMS software. This role supports end users of Canvas, learning management systems administrators and corporate users. Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web-based tools, and e-mail. Advise clients regarding the product's use and address specific user issues. During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Tier 2 Support. They will assist the clients from issue initiation through resolution or escalation.
What you will be doing:
- Work tickets via web-based ticketing system, or live chat from admins, faculty, staff, and student end-users (some tickets will be initial contacts and others will be escalated from admins)
- Escalate tickets not resolvable at the L1 level to the L2 Support team
- Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, and always provide timely updates to users
- When assigned, create documentation of Support processes
- Validate and clarify the issue reported
- Answer how-to questions
- Fix end-user issues that are resolvable through the Canvas user interface
- Replicate, troubleshoot, and describe simple bugs
- Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken
When working tickets:
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success
- Ability to think quickly, communicate positively (even when sharing bad news), work proactively, and readily embrace change
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interactions
- Adjust to our afternoon-evening shift (from 13.00/14.00 to 21.00/22.00)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humor. Like a really funny one.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.