Product Manager, Canvas
Budapest, Hungary /
At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity…
Launched in 2011, Canvas is the fastest growing Learning Management System (LMS) and is now used by millions of teachers and students around the world. We are looking for an associate software Product Manager to join our Canvas Product Management team. In this position, you’ll be at the center of edtech and our mission to improve teaching and learning globally.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with product leadership on the management and execution of the product vision for Canvas
- Document requirements across customers, prospects and internal teams
- Organize and prioritize the day-to-day work within our Agile environment - ship product!
- Collaborate with program management, UX, Engineering and QA to deliver enhancements
- Collaborate with other product teams to ensure consistent user experiences across all our educational products
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to support go-to-market plans
What you'll need to know/have:
- At least 2 years experience in Software Product Management
- At least a BS degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, etc.
- Be a self-starter who can create a vision and organize a plan to execute it.
- Exceptional communication skills to ensure all stakeholders understand and are aligned with the product plan
- Experience in the education industry is a plus (but not required).
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.