Solutions Engineer - Professional Learning
S&M – Sales /
We are looking for an experienced, articulate, and passionate education technologist to become a Solutions Engineer (SE), having the primary objective of helping guide prospective customers through their Canvas LMS and Instructure Learning Platform evaluation process. This person will work directly with regional sales representatives to both sell and architect the best possible solution for buyers.
Solutions Engineers are the primary knowledge resource for the sales team and are responsible for actively driving and managing the functional and technical evaluation stages of the sales process. SEs are the key technical advisor and product advocate, thoughtfully considering all alternatives to arrive at best recommendations.
SEs must effectively communicate complex education and technology concepts and practices to a variety of stakeholders. This SE position will partner with our Professional Learning & Government Sales Team. The location of this position is flexible, although candidates must be willing to travel up to 60%.
What you will be doing:
- Present the Instructure Learning Platform as a product (and Instructure as a partner) to a variety of corporate stakeholders.
- Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the appropriate Platform solution(s). These currently include:
- Canvas LMS
- Canvas Studio
- Canvas Catalog
- Canvas Credentials
- Impact by Instructure
- Promote methods of using instructional technology to transform teaching and learning.
- Develop and deliver tailored product demonstrations that are simple but engaging.
- Lead in-depth, technical discussions with information technology experts.
- Identify or develop solutions to address unique technical or functional requirements.
- Understand and document customer requirements to support a successful evaluation and implementation.
- Assist proposal writers with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
What you will need to know/have:
- Applied understanding of teaching, instructional design, and professional learning administration in a corporate and/or government setting.
- Knowledge of credentialing and certification program applications and processes in professional learning.
- Technical understanding of education technology, SaaS, systems integration (e.g. LTI, APIs), business intelligence technologies, HRISs, CRMs, CMSs, SCORM, digital publishing tools, etc.
- Because Instructure does not have out of the box solutions for integrating with these systems, the incumbent SE will need to have that much more knowledge of ETL, APIs, and database design in order to support professional/government opportunities effectively.
- Articulate and compelling presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing, tailored for audiences in corporate and/or government space(s).
- FedRAMP knowledge and experience a plus.
- RFX knowledge
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and collaborative.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Access to a nearby airport. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50-60%.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
$90,000 - $110,000 a year
This position will include a commission structure based on quotas as well as equity.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.