Solutions Engineer - K12
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced, articulate, and passionate education technologist to become a K12 Solutions Engineer (SE). Solutions Engineers provide support to sales that leads to closing new deals. They work directly with Regional Sales Directors in the field to explain how our solutions support best practices in teaching and learning.
Solutions Engineers are the primary knowledge resource for all things technology and education as they relate to Canvas, MasteryConnect, Certica item banks and assessments, Videri and more. SEs are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. K12 SEs are the key instructional and technical advisors and product advocates, thoughtfully considering all alternatives to arrive at best recommendations.
This SE position will partner exclusively with our K-12 Team and will work with clients in the Northeast, Southeast, and possibly Midwest.
What you will be doing:
- Present MasteryConnect, Certica Item Banks and Assessments, and Videri as products (and Instructure as a partner) to all stakeholders, from shallow to deep, from storytelling to technical deep-dives.
- Develop and deliver tailored product demonstrations that are simple but engaging.
- Explain how education technology can be transformative for teaching and learning.
- Perform customer needs assessments and solution finding sessions.
- Identify technical issues of assigned accounts and develop/position solutions to address concerns.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs (experienced Sales Engineers are successful at addressing client needs during very competitive RFI/RFPs).
- Convey customer requirements to team leadership.
- Successfully conceptualize and communicate about how products and services affect opportunities and sales exposure within an organization and the education space.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members on all things edu, both in the field and via planned professional development opportunities.
- Track progress on projects through consistent record-keeping and knowledge-sharing.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Edu experience, preferably at a school, district or state level.
- A strong understanding of assessment best practices, formative and summative, and of digital tools that support best practices.
- A strong understanding of K12 accountability and reporting, including the use of BI tools to monitor student achievement, efficacy of curriculum, and efficacy of instructional practice.
- Technical understanding of education technology, web technology, mobile technology, servers, the internet, etc.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, collaborative, and communicative.
- Articulate and compelling presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing, tailored for the audience.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possibility of extensive travel if/when conditions permit (around 40%).
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.