Data Infrastructure / Platform Engineer (Data Access Platform)
R&D – Engineering /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome.
And that's where you come in:
At Instructure, we are building the world’s best ecosystem for teaching and learning. Millions of students and teachers use our products around the world, and we’re always finding ways to innovate and improve their experience. Our world-class software engineers solve education’s hardest data problems at cloud scale.
This time we are searching for an engineer for our data team, who will help further improve our firm-wide data platform which provides the foundation for analytics solutions and other data use-cases.
What will you do
- Build a large-scale data pipeline
- Work with cutting-edge technologies on AWS, like Kafka/MSK, Spark (Scala) on EMR/EKS, Apache Hudi, Athena, Glue, Lambdas (Java), Kinesis, S3
- Building the system with infrastructure as code principle (Terraform)
- Operating the pipeline by closely monitoring and troubleshooting it (Data Dog, K8s, Splunk)
- Take complete ownership of the pipeline by supporting it and participating in an on-call rotationJoin an international, distributed agile team, you will use English daily
What we look for
- Solid background in data engineering
- Hands-on experience with cloud-hosted data-intensive applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure as code
- Practical skills of Java / Scala / Python, with the interest in learning more languages
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- DevOps mindset - our engineers design, build, test, deploy, maintain, and operate their own code
- Strong communication skills
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Restricted Stock Unit Program
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program through Motivosity
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.