Social Media Intern - Sophomore or Junior in College
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome.
And that's where you come in:
The Social Media Marketing Intern will be tasked with executing social media activities across multiple platforms, currently Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram. This role will also be pivotal in launching a student awareness initiative, which would include expanding Instructure’s social media presence into new channels, such as TikTok. This role will require a fine balance of creativity and structure - always experimenting with new ideas but relying on results to drive future activities.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment and relishes rigorous deadlines. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Digital Channels, and will collaborate with cross-channel stakeholders to plan and execute social media initiatives.
You will work closely with Comms/Advocacy, Content, Campaigns, Demand Gen/Field Marketing, and Marketing Operations teams to produce impactful social media content.
***NOTE*** This internship is for currently enrolled Sophomores or Juniors attending a US based University (either online or in-person). Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns.
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability.
- Support marketing team at live and online events.
- Partner with cross-channel marketing stakeholders (i.e. Comms/Advocacy, Creative, DemandGen, Field Marketing, Revenue Operations, Website) to ensure social media consistency and excellence.
- Coordinate social media project workflow: develop schedules; work with cross-functional partners to gather inputs; coordinate production and execution.
- Consistent presence on social media platforms, both with and without direction
- Continue to grow followings on current platforms
- Expand Instructure social media presence to new platforms and audiences
- Sustained support for all internal stakeholder initiatives (events, product info, announcements, etc.)
- Experience in growing and maintaining social media following
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and trends
- Previous experience managing social media for a tech company is a plus
Skills and Behaviors
- Creative, collaborative, always ready for the next task
- Enjoys being challenged on a daily basisInterested in learning about B2B Marketing and learning different MarTech Tools
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong execution capability with the highest standards in a rapidly evolving business
- Able to shift between working independently with little direction and collaboratively with direction
$15 - $15 an hour
Depends on experience
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.