Revenue Operations Contractor
Salt Lake City, UT /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
As a key support to the Revenue Operations director, this role helps translate operational strategy into tactical requirements for development in order to achieve business objectives. It requires heavy cross-functional communication to ensure the successful delivery of projects and is integral to support the execution of sales operations and marketing operations.
- Extensive system experience (Salesforce) that is used to translate operational vision into technical requirements for development.
- Strong project management skills used to organize stakeholders of the project, determine schedules, and manage resources needed to implement new sales processes or technology.
- Clear communication of projects being undertaken, status, and progress relative to overall roadmap. Develop and communicate the plan for project completion, including resource management, development time, training materials, and scheduling.
- Drive successful project completion using agile methodology for all phases of the system development life-cycle: planning (requirements), execution (QA), and acceptance.
- Improve workflows, remove roadblocks, and promote efficiencies in the sales and marketing process.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, including documenting current-state processes, new specifications, and defining the end state.
- Liaison between development and operations teams.
- Identify the key stakeholders and representatives needed for the successful completion of each project.
- Coordinate information transfer activities between teams to facilitate the completion of projects.
- Inform and suggest improvements for sales/marketing tools and workflows.
- Design systems and processes that maintain simplicity, take on minimal technical debt, produce clean and complete data, and are cost-effective.
- Keep compliance with privacy laws and data governance at the forefront of all project plans.
- Maintain current and thorough technical documentation of the technology stack for sales and marketing.
- Work closely with the Program Management team to support efficient program execution and provide accountable reporting to leaders that promotes data driven decisions.
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce, certification preferred
- Several years experience in operations roles or Salesforce administration/development
- Prior project management experience or PMP certification
- Experience working with marketing, sales, IT management
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver completed projects spanning multiple stakeholders and end-users
- Well-rounded understanding of typical sales/marketing processes and team structures in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Marketo, Gainsight preferred
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.