Cloud FinOps Technical Analyst
R&D – Engineering /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome.
The Cloud FinOps Technical Analyst at Instructure will play a pivotal role on the FinOps Team by partnering with our Product and Engineering teams, Finance, ES and IT departments to provide optimization insight and direction. This person will have an understanding of Cloud strategy to support developing, maintaining and supporting FinOps practices around cost management.
- Strong and practical knowledge in public cloud environments.
- Solve business problems through innovation, automation, and cloud engineering best practices.
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities e.g., translating financial insights & your cloud knowledge into actionable recommendations.
- Analyze spending trends and savings opportunities and advises cloud teams with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing and optimizing AWS cloud spend.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with financial data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for effective teamwork.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accurate financial calculations and reporting.
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- AWS Certification
- Experience with native and 3rd party Public Cloud cost management & advisory tools, specifically AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools, and a FinOps tool like CloudZero.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Restricted Stock Unit Program
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program through Motivosity
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.