Budapest, Hungary /
The Bridge Engineering team at Instructure is looking for a DBA to help us grow our product, scale our database systems and empower our feature teams.
Bridge is a tool that helps people find their place at work, form meaningful relationships with peers and managers, and forge a path towards growth. We’re helping our customers create work cultures people love.
What we look for:
- A database expert who can help us manage, structure and maintain production databases at scale.
- A problem solver who asks questions to get at the core issue that the team is grappling with before deciding on a solution.
- A pragmatist who knows how to make trade offs to solve challenges while building an architecture that scales for the future.
- A systematic thinker who can understand how the larger system operates and knows when to take a step back and consider alternative approaches.
- A team player who loves teaching and learning from others.
- A technology enthusiast who is familiar with and interested in developing a deep set of skills and tools to solve a variety of different problems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing and tuning production databases for multiple services and database clusters
- Migrating legacy database systems to managed, cloud-based solutions
- Responding to data-related incidents and contributing to a continuous improvement culture
- Helping to improve data policies and standards
What You’ll Need to Know
- How to run production data systems at scale
- Deep expertise of PostgreSQL
- How to optimize database usage and architecture for scale and resilience
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- System observability through monitoring and alerting
- How to work with a globally distributed team in multiple time zones
- How to work with Terraform or another means of storing configuration as code