Solution Architect (Business Analyst) - US Remote
Salt Lake City, UT /
Solutions Consulting /
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to provide world-class consultation and solution design while working with clients to provide business process and technology solutions that enable them to meet their business objectives. Successful candidates will have a strong background as a trusted consultant for business process and technical change. You will work closely with our sales organization to align client needs to internal capabilities and will work closely with delivery teams to ensure the deliverables created meet client needs.
What you will be doing
- Become a trusted consultant for clients and help them identify and drive meaningful changes to technology and business processes to support accomplishing client objectives
- Work closely with clients to gather custom solution requirements and create proposals to solve client problems within budget and timeline constraints
- Architect creative solutions to challenging client problems
- Create user stories and requirements for agile development project delivery
- Work collaboratively with project delivery teams to document requirements and acceptance criteria for in-flight projects
- Perform technical requirements analysis for software development and integration projects
- Assist the sales organization in high-level project sizing
- Create statements of work for custom services engagements
- Review and respond to potential client requests for information and requests for proposals that require custom services
- Design APIs, ETL processes, and system integrations to support client use cases and objectives
Here's what you will need to know/have
- 3+ years previous experience as a Solution Engineer, Business Analyst, or Solution Architect
- 3+ years previous experience in technology and software consulting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in K12 or Higher Education is a plus.
- Strong understanding of API’s and other system integration technologies (you should know what REST, SOAP, ETL, ESB, and ODBC are and how they are used to make systems interact)
- Ability to distill requirements and discussions down to underlying business needs and architect solutions with those business needs in mind
- Knowledge of technology solutions for ERP, CRM, HRIS, Accounting, eCommerce, and Communications/Outreach solutions
- Previous experience in the educational industry is a plus
- Ability to deconstruct large, technical solutions down into smaller, more simple components and/or workflows
- Ability to clearly understand and communicate technical solutions both verbal and written to stakeholders with varying levels of technical proficiency (software engineers, project managers, sales people, and end users)
- Ability to create user stories to define a solution to a problem
- Ability to manage time and work independently
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.