Senior Software Engineer (K20 Analytics)
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome things. And that's where you come in.
At Instructure we’re building the world's best ecosystem for teaching and learning. An ecosystem of multiple applications that keeps things simple, yet can flex and grow with the changing needs of millions of students, teachers, administrators, parents, advisors, counselors, and institutions.
We are hiring world-class software engineers to solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes data warehousing and analytics, and cutting edge front end technologies. We are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn. We are developing the best analytical solution for K-12 and Higher education. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting challenges with a talented team in the field of education. If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
What you will do:
- Build and support a managed analytics platform for K-12 and Higher education
- Apply software development best practices for development (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD, BDD); and configuration management tasks
- Work in an agile software development environment with distributed teams using Scrum
- Successfully partner with other teams, such as client services, product management, and quality assurance
- Participate in all aspects of the product including design, development, deployment, and maintenance
What we look for:
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (with an interest in learning more)
- An eye for creating quality solutions that are easy to maintain
- 5+ years of experience in software development, Java background is required
- Big data management and data lake experience is a plus
- Machine learning experience is a plus
- Looker experience is a plus
We grow great products by investing in the teams that create them: the hallmarks of our engineering culture are constructive code review, hackweeks, internal conferences, a bias to action, thoughtful mentorship, and regular communication.
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time off
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.