Senior Product Manager (Analytics & Observability)
R&D – Product Management /
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Education is moving at an accelerated pace to online and hybrid modes of learning. As the premier education learning software company we connect students and teachers with tools to help everyone learn together.
As the needs of students and teachers evolve and grow, so does the need for analytics and observability services that make it easy for them to derive the insights they need and by accelerating their ability to understand and solve issues.
We are looking for a Senior Product manager to own the product roadmap for for one or more of the Canvas Advanced Analytics services. You’ll work closely with our data architects, engineers, product managers, and senior leadership across the company to do discovery, define requirements, define success metrics to deliver value to our Advanced Analytics and create better, more scalable experiences for our users.
What you will be doing:
- You will be the voice of the customer and represent the personas for K12 and higher education institutions to ensure we are helping them solve problems and gain valuable insights using their data.
- Drive the vision and roadmap for our Advanced Analytics offerings to create a differentiated customer experience
- Contribute to research and discovery, help strategize and design, having impact on the overall analytics roadmap and execution
- Serve as the product leader for your team, defining key outcomes and success criteria.
- Collaborate with Design, Architecture, Engineering, and Program Management to deliver high-quality analytic and reporting features.
- Own and execute on analytic and reporting features in terms of requirements, definition, quality, and metrics
- Organize and prioritize the day-to-day work within our Agile environment - ship product!
- Communicate with clarity across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with business partners and development teams, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
What you will need to know/have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a product manager or related position, where you have built and launched customer facing data analytic, reporting, and observability products
- Experience and knowledge of observability tools, e.g. Splunk family, DataDog, Big Panda, etc.
- Be a passionate self-starter who can create a vision and organize a plan to execute it
- Skilled at socializing ideas to attain a cross-functional agreement. You maintain a Customer and Team-first approach.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field. Master's degree or MBA is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to ensure all stakeholders understand and are aligned with the product plan.
- Proven expertise leading cross-functional teams that together launch on time.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Openness to learn about the different educational systems across the globe
- Flexibility towards the working hours
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.