Sr Engineering Operations Program Manager
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Our Engineering Operations team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to help us step up our process automation, deliver on our strategic projects, and ultimately help our Product and Engineering organizations get even better.
You’ll be a key member of our small Operations team which supports our 200+ member R&D organization and will work on diverse initiatives - some long-running, but most ephemeral. Your skills in leading projects from inception to completion will be called on just as often as your analytical skills to collect, manipulate, and display data for use by our teams. Success will often involve simplifying a system or reducing a project’s scope - or even killing one - to ensure our department is always focused on the highest value information and priorities.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Design and roll-out processes to reinforce and measure our software engineering standards - imagine developing defect-management standards and a cadence to review them with all of the department leaders
- Develop data systems and automation to collect, transform, and display key results simply and sustainably - think dashboards to support our hiring programs, roadmap views to track development projects, and data models to analyze costs
- Lead strategic initiatives - consider leading a project to lower cloud costs by seven figures, to help a newly acquired company integrate into our org, or to improve the diversity of our recruiting pool
These skills will help you succeed:
- Bias toward simplicity
- Ability to take initiative and lead through ambiguity
- Confidence in developing collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders - Engineers to Executives - and leading them without formal authority
- Strong skills with data and visualization - we use Snowflake, Tableau, and Google Sheets; but experience in anything similar is great
- Strong attention to detail to ensure results are well communicated and accurately analyzed
- Skill at establishing cadences for cross-functional organizations - bringing together the right people to review the right information with the right timing
- Deep familiarity with software development generally and SaaS specifically
- 5+ years of Program Management, Project Management, Data Management, or similar leadership experience in the software industry
- Strong data manipulation and visualization skills with tools beyond spreadsheets
- Evidence of leading complex and impactful projects to completion
- Experience working with data from Jira, Salesforce, and HR/Recruiting systems
- Experience with SaaS at scale
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Experience establishing standards and cadences for multiple software engineering teams
- Agile practice certification(s)
- Experience with SQL, Google Sheets / Excel scripting, and general data manipulation
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.