VP of Supply Chain Operations, China
As our VP of Supply Chain Operations, you will be responsible for developing, scaling, and executing our supply chain operations, including sourcing, inventory, and deployment logistics. In addition, as the top executive in our China office, you will be directly responsible for all local operations (finance, recruiting, and HR), and the success of our China-based team. You will also provide local leadership support for remotely managed functions, which today includes engineering and customer success, but in the future may include sales and marketing. You will put the processes and structure in place to hire, develop, and motivate your team towards flawless operational execution, and provide the local leadership needed to deliver a great customer experience throughout all of our factory operations, many of which are located in China.
Founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Instrumental provides a collection of software technologies that enable brands and manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing process to cut waste by orders of magnitude compared to conventional solutions. This waste is non trivial: 20 cents on every dollar spent in manufacturing is wasted in mistakes, experiments, downtime, yield loss, scrap, and returns. Our customers are top electronics companies, including Lenovo, Motorola, Meraki, and other well-known brands.
- Own the global supply chain, production, and logistics of Instrumental hardware
- Maintain a customer-first mindset while identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Identify, recruit, grow, and retain high caliber talent for your team and other cross-functional teams operating out of China
- Run all China business operations, while maintaining compliance with local regulations
- Foster a shared culture with HQ, while adapting to local customs
- Supply Chain: world wide production, inventory, and logistics (ownership)
- Factory Relations & Support: logistics, problem solving, escalation (ownership)
- G&A: finance, HR, facilities (ownership)
- Talent: postings, interviews, career growth, retention (ownership)
- China Customer Success Team: recruiting, org structure, troubleshooting (support)
- China Sales and Business Development: local presence for partnerships and China sales (support)
- 5+ years of supply chain leadership experience as the customer of manufacturers in the electronics ecosystem (the “brand side”), having previously interfaced with factories, system integrators, and suppliers in the ecosystem
- Inspirational leader with a track record of recruiting & retaining talent in small teams or at small companies
- Authentic connection to both China & US business cultures, including fluency in both English and Mandarin. The ideal candidate has spent time studying or working on both sides of the Pacific.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator who can launch, drive, and scale initiatives outside of immediate areas of ownership
- Legally authorized to work in China out of our Shenzhen office (this is a full-time in Shenzhen role)