Enterprise Account Executive, West
Palo Alto, CA /
The Enterprise Account Executive will work with Instrumental’s growing sales team and CEO to bring on new customers and iterate on our sales process. Our sales team is scrappy and entrepreneurial – this is a team that doesn’t wait for things to happen, we make them happen. Successful team members are problem solvers and adaptable – when it’s not in the playbook, they write the next play. The team is supported by a marketing team and a solutions architect team. Account Executives own their pipelines, spending 60% of their time prospecting their own pipelines. While some meetings can be done via video conference, this role will involve field sales as you build relationships with our customers to understand their challenges. We are looking for an experienced sales candidate who has successfully sold a technical product to technical buyers – in data, manufacturing, or machine vision.
Manufacturing makes up half of the world's GDP. 20% of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources – because, simply: it's too hard to solve problems in manufacturing. Instrumental is an AI-powered software product that enables hardware brands to get access to their manufacturing data to accelerate their product development and maintain control in production. Our competition is doing nothing – we have a unique offering that’s incredibly impactful to our customers’ products and processes. Our sale is complex, so we’re innovating a new way to sell technology into the manufacturing sector – with short sales cycles, lightning fast implementation, and significant upsell within the first 12 months of working with a new customer. The product works and we have an enviable list of customers who are each rapidly expanding use of Instrumental.
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Has sold a technical product to a technical buyer in data, manufacturing, or machine vision
- Is adaptable and entrepreneurial in their approach to solving problems or overcoming roadblocks
- Has strong listening and reasoning skills
- Has 4+ years of account executive experience with a successful track record in a consultative sales role selling to technical buyers
- Is a good prospector and willing to put in the work to make things happen
- Operates with urgency and has attention to detail
- Experience building a new territory is a plus, be sure to highlight in your submittal
We're open to folks joining us full-time remotely as well! We'd love to hear from you!