Head of Product
Palo Alto, CA /
What we’re looking for
Instrumental is seeking a seasoned product leader to develop, drive, and execute product strategy and to create and empower our product management team. Our product has become essential for a core set of users within multiple large enterprises, and as we look ahead to 2021, we see multiple competing opportunities for growth.
We’re looking for a product leader with experience working on high-complexity software in the startup stage, and who has experience leading small product teams. This role will start as a player-coach with a blend of tactical and strategic priorities, and will need to be comfortable leading both pioneering and growth efforts, with a focus on measurable product outcomes.
Founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Instrumental provides a collection of software technologies that enable brands and manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing process to cut waste by orders of magnitude compared to conventional solutions. This waste is non trivial: 20 cents on every dollar spent in manufacturing is wasted in mistakes, experiments, downtime, yield loss, scrap, and returns. Our customers are top electronics companies, including Motorola, Lenovo, Meraki, and others.
The Instrumental platform collects, intelligently transforms, and contextually presents manufacturing data to technical end-users, enabling them to optimize their manufacturing process in real-time. Our core technology is proprietary ML algorithms, packaged in an accessible, user-centric user interface – we believe we must have both the best technology and the best access to that technology to win.
The Instrumental product requires a product leader who can map, prioritize, and drive towards business success in a relatively green-field space – continuously delivering features that increase value for our customers.
1. Drive product strategic thinking and execution across the organization
- Develop a compelling product strategy that will delight our customers, maintain our category lead, and open new growth opportunities
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO, CTO, and executive team on the product vision and product roadmap. Set a roadmap and drive execution to it.
- Identify and guide cross-functional discussions of strategic tradeoffs
2. Create and empower our product management team
- Recruit a team including product management and product design
- Develop the operational frameworks and processes to level up our product organization so that we can run product development, to prioritize initiatives, and to launch new products efficiently
- Represent product management at the executive level -- communicate cross-functionally to identify the core opportunities we should pursue
We’d love to chat if you
- Have 8+ years of product management experience in high-growth software companies, with at least one people management role
- Have a demonstrated interest or direct experience in building data visualization, data analysis, verticalized AI, or no-code workflow software
- Are comfortable working hands on with a complex technical software product
- Are energized by creating clarity and driving focus in complex and dynamic environments
- Manufacturing industry or hardware experience is not expected, but could be a bonus