Marketing & Sales Operations Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing represents half of the world’s GDP, but 20 cents of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources. Put simply: it’s too hard to solve problems in manufacturing.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
As Marketing & Sales Ops Lead you will own strategy and execution across our sales and marketing tech stack. Unlike strict marketing or sales ops roles, this is an opportunity to work across the GTM team to build out end-to-end operational processes that align marketing, sales, and success teams, and improve efficiencies and visibility across Instrumental’s go-to-market.
This is an opportunity to be an early teammate, where your day-to-day activities will have significant, visible impact on our success. This role reports into the VP Marketing.
- Own and operate our marketing tech stack, including automation, website, and data systems. You’ll establish a ground-up marketing and sales ops process that enables our team to focus and scale.
- Drive CRM & Data strategy, including executive-to-IC reporting, sales views, and data management.
- Partner with sales to understand and define lead-to-customer processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Work closely with sales to identify opportunities to increase their efficiency from lead-to-close.
- Manage Instrumental.com and associated vendors.
- Manage Pardot and nurture campaigns, including lead scoring and routing.
- Support sales efforts including territory management, key account assignment, and Monday morning dashboards and alerts.
- 3+ years of experience with marketing technologies including marketing automation, data tools like Zoominfo, landing page builders, etc.
- Familiarity with marketing attribution models and technologies.
- Familiarity with marketing website technologies (common CMS, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Strong communication skills to understand user needs across the organization and make the right trade-offs between perfection & pragmatism.
- Strong project & time management.
- Passion for problem solving and pride in creating a well-oiled machine.
We’re a small but mighty team that consistently works collaboratively, are supportive of each other, and are all highly energized by the opportunity for such a large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment, and value passion and an ability to learn. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
We are headquartered in Palo Alto, but remote candidates are encouraged to apply.