Marketing Manager or Lead, Demand Generation
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing represents half of the world’s GDP, but 20 cents of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources. Put simply: It’s too hard to solve problems in manufacturing.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
As our Demand Generation lead, you will be directly responsible for Instrumental’s growth by designing, executing, measuring, and optimizing multi-channel demand programs to raise awareness and drive pipeline. You will collaborate closely with sales, content, and stakeholders across the organization to understand our target buyers and build a scalable demand engine from the ground up.
Our technical stakeholders are difficult to reach with conventional methods – they travel frequently, are inundated by emails, and don’t hang out online. By necessity, we’re innovating a new way to sell technology into the manufacturing sector – with short sales cycles, lightning fast implementation, and significant upsells – and we’ll need to do the same on the demand generation side. We’re looking for someone who is excited to build from scratch and make the initial big-bang discoveries that will unlock demand generation for Instrumental.
What you’ll do
- Run and optimize paid advertising channels, including evaluating and testing new channels.
- Create messaging programs and execute them across web, email, direct mail, and events (when they return).
- Be relentlessly metrics driven, but with a focus on rapid iteration.
- Collaborate deeply with sales, solutions architects, and the broader team to iterate on messaging and devise new ways to engage our target audience.
- Contribute to written and video content.
- Support enterprise sales with air cover, messaging, and insights to accelerate their sales cycle and drive conversations.
We’re looking for someone who
- Brings prior experience in demand generation at one or more rapidly scaling companies, preferably in tech.
- Significant experience supporting enterprise sales cycles including multiple stakeholders and complex organizational structures.
- Is analytics, metrics-driven, and has a system-building mindset: you will create the engine that will fuel growth for the next phase of our company.
- Is hands on and tactical -- this role is operational to start with the opportunity to grow.
- Has broad operational knowledge of marketing databases, segmentation, email execution, lead process, the scientific method, analysis, and reporting.
- Is an expert at marketing automation software and can put together an end-to-end tool chain incorporating Pardot and Salesforce.
- Has strong communication skills and can turn complex concepts into compelling messaging and campaigns.
We’re a small but mighty team that consistently works collaboratively, are supportive of each other, and are all highly energized by the opportunity for such a large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment, and value passion and an ability to learn.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. If you are passionate about your work and the problems we solve, that will shine through.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.This position is based in our Palo Alto office.