Senior Technical Recruiter
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing represents half of the world’s GDP, but 20 cents of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources. Put simply: it’s too hard to solve problems in manufacturing.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter you will own full-cycle recruiting for key technical roles including software engineering, machine learning engineering, solutions architects, and technical program managers. We have an incredibly interesting stack that includes hardware, AI, and web applications. As you get up to speed, you may also assist in searches for other non-technical roles in the organization, facilitate external recruiters, and contribute to more efficient people operations processes.
This role is unique because you will begin as our only in-house recruiter during the start of Instrumental’s growth-phase – with the opportunity to grow as our organization does. Given how core this role is on our team, we are explicitly seeking a candidate who is attuned to the unique challenges of diversity recruiting for technology companies, and wants to work for a leadership team that will prioritize top of funnel diversity metrics over time to close. We believe that finding the right teammates is an investment in the future potential of Instrumental’s growth, and are looking for the right recruiting professional to partner with us.
What you’ll do:
- Own sourcing, screening, qualifying, and coordinating candidates, while playing a strong supporting role in closing them
- Build out, measure, and own a dedicated sourcing effort for diversity candidates at the top of the funnel
- Build personal relationships with candidates to ensure every applicant has a great experience regardless of outcome and that we are able to complete for and close the most sought after candidates
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to understand hiring needs, requirements, write compelling job descriptions, and shape interview modules
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of building solid, high-growth, diverse teams – bring your stats and your story
- Tells our story in a compelling way that would convince even the most passive candidate to get on the phone to learn more
- Knows what it takes to get positive Glassdoor reviews on interviews even when the candidate is not made an offer.
- Is genuinely passionate about diversity sourcing, recruiting, meeting new people, and collaborating with a high-performance team.
- Tackles new or unique roles with curiosity, enthusiasm, and vigor
- Measures what matters, owns their metrics, and proactively identifies opportunities for improvement
- Can multi-task many candidate processes at once while still giving every candidate a personal experience
- Five years of technical recruiting experience at a well-respected recruiting agency
- At least two years of experience doing full-cycle technical recruiting at a fast-growing company <100 people as a first or early recruiting team member
- Metrics that demonstrate diversity recruiting success in a previous role, including D&I metrics
- Experience recruiting computer vision and machine learning engineers is a plus, so is recruiting for non-technical roles like Account Executives
This is a full time position based out of our Palo Alto, CA office. This is not a contractor role. All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.