Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing output is half of the world’s GDP, but 20% of its resources are spent on scrap, rework, and mistakes. Beyond being wasteful, this is one of the main reasons new hardware products are late or fail to materialize.
Instrumental is a fast-growing software company with a mission to accelerate bringing new hardware products to market. We optimize manufacturing for the world’s best consumer and industrial brands through AI and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, start-ups and Fortune 500 companies are increasing yields, reducing recalls and production delays, and bringing the next bold product to you at record speeds.
Instrumental has raised $30M in funding from top investors like First Round Capital, Canaan Partners, Eclipse Ventures, and Root Ventures. Our revenue more than doubled in 2020 and our customers expanded the business with us at unprecedented rates. Join us as our hockey-stick curve is just beginning and let’s take over the manufacturing sector together!
About the Role:
As a Senior Recruiter, you will own full-cycle recruiting for key technical roles including software engineering, machine learning engineering, solutions architects, and technical program managers. We have an incredibly interesting stack that includes hardware, AI, and web applications. As you get up to speed, you may also assist in searches for other non-technical roles in the organization, facilitate external recruiters, and contribute to more efficient people operations processes.
This role is unique because you will begin as our 2nd in-house recruiter during the start of Instrumental’s growth-phase – with the opportunity to grow as our organization does. Given how core this role is on our team, we are explicitly seeking a candidate who is attuned to the unique challenges of diversity recruiting for technology companies, and wants to work for a leadership team that will prioritize top of funnel diversity metrics over time to close. We believe that finding the right teammates is an investment in the future potential of Instrumental’s growth, and are looking for the right recruiting professional to partner with us.
What You'll Do:
- Own sourcing, screening, qualifying, and coordinating candidates, while playing a strong supporting role in closing them.
- Build out, measure, and own a dedicated sourcing effort for diverse candidates at the top of the funnel.
- Build personal relationships with candidates to ensure every applicant has a great experience regardless of the outcome and that we are able to complete for and close the most sought after candidates.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to understand hiring needs, requirements, write compelling job descriptions, and shape interview modules.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has a track record of building solid, high-growth, diverse teams – bring your stats and your story!
- Tells our story in a compelling way that would convince even the most passive candidate to get on the phone to learn more.
- Knows what it takes to get positive Glassdoor reviews on interviews even when the candidate is not made an offer.
- Is genuinely passionate about diversity sourcing, recruiting, meeting new people, and collaborating with a high-performance team.
- Tackles new or unique roles with curiosity, enthusiasm, and vigor.
- Measures what matters, owns their metrics, and proactively identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Can multi-task many candidate processes at once while still giving every candidate a personal experience.
- At least two years of experience doing full-cycle technical recruiting at a fast-growing company <100 people as a first or early recruiting team member.
- Metrics that demonstrate diversity recruiting success in a previous role, including D&I metrics.
- Experience recruiting computer vision and machine learning engineers is a plus, so is recruiting for non-technical roles like Account Executives.
We’re a small but mighty team that consistently works collaboratively, is supportive of each other, and is all highly energized by the opportunity for such a large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment, and value passion and an ability to learn. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description!