Palo Alto, CA /
As a CAD engineer at Instrumental you’ll use your design intuition and CAD experience to own design and fabrication of a wide variety of Instrumental solutions, often on a tight timeline.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
Things you'll do
- Take customer product CAD and proposals and interpret into defined assembly states
- Own CAD design of custom fixtures to hold devices in a variety of different (often complex) orientations
- Create design documentation (slide presentations) to clearly communicate with the internal team, and with customers
- Collaborate with the Solutions Architecture and global operations team to fabricate fixtures and get DFM from vendors on a tight timeline.
We’re looking for someone who has
- 3+ years experience as a CAD engineer / designer
- Experience designing and fabricating fixtures
- Knowledge of design for manufacturability for CNC processes
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry a plus
- Experience with NX CAD software preferred
- Hands on experience as a machinist for metals and plastic a plus
- A customer-first mindset
- Interested in working on a variety of products and excited to take on challenges with short timelines that must be right the first time
- Operates with urgency and has attention to detail
- Authorized to work in the USA