Lead UX Designer
Palo Alto, CA /
Instrumental accelerates bringing new hardware products to market by collecting unique data from assembly lines and feeding it to AI-powered software tools that help companies find and fix manufacturing issues. We solve a big problem: these kinds of manufacturing issues waste about 10% of global GDP. Thanks to Instrumental, start-ups and Fortune 500 companies are increasing yields, reducing recalls and scrap, and avoiding production delays.
Instrumental has raised $30M in funding from top investors like First Round Capital, Canaan Partners, Eclipse Ventures, and Root Ventures. Our revenue more than doubled in 2020. Join our small but mighty team as our hockey-stick curve is just beginning!
We value an inclusive environment and actively work to promote diversity in our team.
Our return-to-office plan is evolving. Currently, working in the office is optional, and we plan to return to the office at least 3 days per week starting September 13th.
About the Role:
Instrumental is extending our software platform to add features and products to meet the needs of our growing customer base. As Instrumental’s Lead UX Designer, you will be responsible for the user research and experience design to enable this expansion. You will identify user needs, develop and validate mockups, and work closely with our engineering and product teams as we iterate. Some of your time will be focused on our in-factory software, but mostly you will focus on the web app that Instrumental’s customers use to interact with their data and the tools we provide.
This is Instrumental’s first dedicated UX design role. Previously, our design has been led with part-time contributions. It has served us well, but it is time for us to level up. In this role, you will create a strong foundation for the future, building upon and improving our design patterns and practices.
When You Apply:
Please submit a link to your design portfolio. This is required for consideration for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and validate user needs, including interviewing customers to identify opportunities to improve our UX
- Develop mockups and work with Engineering to iterate on them as they are implemented
- Own the design of user interaction and workflows throughout our products
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch and beyond
- Share insights with the company and contribute to everyone’s understanding of our users as well as the role of design in software development
- Identify opportunities to build a consistent visual style and brand
- Graphic design experience helps but is not a primary focus.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has 7+ years of experience as a software product designer, B2B experience preferable
- Has solved complex problems with elegant, shipped products
- Can effectively articulate the thought process behind design decisions
- Is comfortable prototyping at varying levels of fidelity
- Can conduct user research at varying stages of the product life cycle
- Actively solicits and provides design feedback from internal teams
- Has demonstrated strong interaction and visual design capabilities
- Understands and advocates for best practices in modern UI design