General Manager, China; VP of Supply Chain & Operations
As General Manager of Instrumental China, you will be the chief operating officer of our Asia operations, reporting directly to the CEO.
You will be directly responsible for all local operations (finance, recruiting, and HR), the success of our China-based team, and will lead our global supply chain efforts, from sourcing, to building and inventory, to deploy logistics. You will also provide local leadership support for remotely managed functions, such as sales, marketing, customer success, and software engineering. And, given that Instrumental works directly with the top manufacturing facilities in China, you will provide the local leadership needed to deliver a great customer experience throughout all of our factory operations.
Founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Instrumental provides a collection of software technologies that enable brands and manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing process to cut waste by orders of magnitude compared to conventional solutions. This waste is non trivial: 20 cents on every dollar spent in manufacturing is wasted in mistakes, experiments, downtime, yield loss, scrap, and returns. Our customers are top electronics companies, including Motorola, Meraki, and other well-known brands.
- Set and drive regional goals as a member of Instrumental’s global executive team
- Efficiently run all China business operations, while maintaining compliance
- Identify, recruit, grow, and retain high caliber talent for all teams operating out of China
- Own the global supply chain, production, and logistics of Instrumental hardware
- Support the growth and scale of our customer success and factory teams
- Facilitate collaboration between China and US teams on shared projects
- Foster a shared culture with HQ, while adapting to local customs
- Maintain and leverage relationships with local government municipalities
Scope: Instrumental China
- G&A: finance, HR, facilities (ownership)Talent: postings, interviews, career growth, retention (ownership)
- Supply Chain: world wide production, inventory, and logistics (ownership)
- Factory Relations & Support: logistics, problem solving, escalation (support)
- Customer Success: recruiting, org structure, troubleshooting (support)
- Sales: local presence for partnerships and China sales (support)
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience owning business and operations for a multinational company operating in China, ideally including experience with high-growth teams
- Experience with manufacturing, including connections to factories, brands, and suppliers in the ecosystem
- Authentic connection to both China & US business cultures, including fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Inspirational leader with a track record of being able to recruit & retain talent
- Strong cross-functional collaborator who can launch, drive, and scale initiatives outside of immediate areas of ownership
- Legally authorized to work in China out of our Shenzhen office